welcome to aacdp.org
Welcome to the web site of the American Association of Chairs of Departments of Psychiatry. Our organization represents the leaders of departments of psychiatry in all of the medical schools in the United States and Canada. As such, we are committed to promoting excellence in psychiatric education, research, and clinical care. We are also committed to advocating for health policy to create appropriate and affordable psychiatric care for all. The recent explosion of knowledge in the neurosciences is being quickly translated into new and better treatments for our patients and their families. We recognize the need for increased communication in this era of rapid change; the AACDP web site represents our efforts to use electronic communications more effectively and efficiently. We welcome your comments on the design and utility of this site.
Why join AACDP?
- No one understands the opportunities and challenges of conducting research, providing leading edge clinical care, and educating the next generation like we do.
- We provide orientation sessions for new chairs, a networking session for female chairs and a workshop for associate members (associate & vice chairs).
- AACDP meetings are a great opportunity to network with colleagues who understand and share the challenges you face.
- Leadership training and peer mentoring for you and for your rising leaders in your department who can now join (with your support) as Associate Members.
- AACDP supports advocacy efforts: for example, AACDP helped get APPI to reduce fees for use of SCID-5 for academic institutions/training-research activities
- AACDP hosts and facilitates active discussions about future of psychiatry, integrated care, healthcare reform
NEW — President's Message